Protecting Your Business Backup Assets
Regular backup of your business information is essential to the survival of your company. Studies have shown that the majority of businesses that experience a major data loss don’t endure. In the event of a disaster or catastrophic event, your ability to recover data is crucial. In fact, each individual minute of downtime represents a cost to your business, which is why it’s essential to ensure that your backup media is properly rotated, stored and managed.
SK Record Storage tape and media rotation and storage services provide you with a secure and systematic method for protecting and preserving your critical backup assets. We’ve invested in superior facilities and systems to ensure proper management and security for backup tapes and media storage devices.
Regular critical and system backups are essential to the survival of your company. In the event of a disaster or an emergency restore, each minute of downtime proves exponentially more costly to your business. Tapes that are improperly stored, mismanaged, and misplaced can create a recovery nightmare.
SK Records Management’s tape and media rotation and storage services enable you to practice due diligence with your backup data. As your partner in the backup process, we’ve implemented the facilities and systems to insure the long term preservation and security of your media tapes.
Our Class 125 4 hour rated media vault is designed especially for the storage of backup media. Environmental temperature and humidity controls meeting ANSI standards insure the long term preservation of magnetic and optical media so that in the event of a disaster or an audit you are assured the integrity and reliability of your data. A combination of biometric hand recognition intrusion and digital video surveillance systems provide 24/7 security monitoring.
Due diligence doesn’t end with backup. Once backups are completed, it is imperative to securely transfer your media to off-site storage facility. Since each organization is unique, SK Records Management’s professional data protection consultants will assist you with determining media rotation schedule that fits best with your business’ backup needs.
Our tape media rotation and storage services accommodate both individual tapes and containers. Your media is bar coded, tracked within the vault to allow for rapid retrieval and then cycled back to you on either a scheduled or as needed basis. A web interface to our inventory control system allows you to manage your tapes, adjust your rotation schedule and recall specific volumes.
Whether your backup schedule occurs on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, a SK Records storage Management professional courier will securely transport your tape to our media vault in a GPS tracked and alarmed vehicle. Your off-site data is available to you 24/7 in the event of a disaster requiring an emergency restore. We maintain a strict chain of custody throughout the retrieval, transport and delivery process.
How it Works
- Collection and Retrieval: SK Records storage team will collect your Backup Media from your office on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and return it on predefined schedule. The Media is transported to and from SK Records storage Secure Vaults under tight security in specially designed containers and under temperature controlled conditions.
- Storage: All Media are stored in SK Records storage’s highly Secure Vaults that are designed to withstand internal and external threats. The vaults are equipped with FM 200 suppression systems, maintained temperature (15c to 21c) and humidity, anti-static flooring and shelving, CCTV, temperature monitoring systems, motion detectors and others.
- Unscheduled Retrievals: SK Record Storage guarantees immediate action to any unscheduled retrieval due to an emergency or other and will deliver the Media or Tape anytime and any day this is required.
- Disaster Recovery: Fulfills your Risk Management and disaster recovery needs and ensures business continuity.
- Reliable, 24/7 response: Info-Fort ensures that your Media or Tape is timely picked up, stored, secured and delivered.
- Compliant: SK Record Storage Secure Vaults are compliant with global industry standards and state-of-art infrastructure.
- Economical: You no longer have to build a large and expensive Vault to accommodate the storage of your Media or Tape. By using SK Record Storage Tape/media and Rotation service, you only pay for what you store.
SK Records Storage Is Still Your Trusted Media Rotation Partner
Proper, scheduled offsite rotation of your backup media is an essential component of disaster recovery and business continuity objectives. Whether your backup schedule is daily, weekly or monthly, one of our trained professionals will securely transport your media tapes to our offsite media vault. Your media is bar coded, tracked within the vault to allow for rapid retrieval and then cycled back to you on either a scheduled or an as-needed basis. An interface to our inventory control system allows you to manage your tapes, adjust your rotation schedule and recall specific volumes.
Your offsite information assets are available to you 365, 24/7. In the event of a disaster or emergency restore, one of our professional couriers will deliver to your tapes directly to your business or hot site.